Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5th in Podersdorf, Austria - 1st in Büsum, Germany!!! ARRIIIBAAA

It’s been three hectic weeks for me, after returning from Brazil. I took part in the first tourstop of the European Kitetour in Podersdorf, and ended up at 5th place. I’m not very happy with this result, but what can I expect when I do a crappy heat? We only had wind the first day, gusty and off-shore, and I was out with the 8m2 and should have used the 6m2. Unfortunately we had no more days with wind and no chance in the double elimination to work myself up to the top! Anyways, the event in Podersdorf was great, we had summer and 25 degrees, I met a lot of nice people and had a lot of fun!



Back from Podersdorf Monday evening, washing clothes and preparing to go to Büsum on Wednesday morning. The contest started on Thursday, but I was hoping for some wind on Wednesday in order to be able to kite and get used to cold water, icy temperature and neoprene. Well the wind didn’t show up, only the rain. So, again I had to start my heat on Thursday without really being prepared or ready at all. But it all went perfect, and I won all my heats, and even the final against the 3 or 4 times German champion, Sabrina Lutz. The wind wasn’t really enough for me and my 12m2, but somehow I managed to land the raleys to blind, do a couple of s-bends, back to switch – but it was definitely not enough wind to get the s-bend to blind, or double s-bend or anything with power. In return, the wind picked up over the next days and achieved an average of 26 knots (gusts 30 and more) on the day with double elimination. Heike Wycisk worked her way through the heats up to the top, but unfortunately she didn’t make it to the final against me, but still achieved an amazing 3rd place!! Congratulations Heike:)!! Again, it was me against Sabrina in the final, I chose the 7m2 and Sabrina the 6m2. Somehow I managed to convince the judges with more power and height in my tricks than Sabrina, and with a mega-loop (though not landed!) I won the 1st place in freestyle for the ladies in Büsum!!! Great spot and great event, thanks to all the good people organizing and making it possible for us kiters to take part in such an event!

Now I’ll have a 2-4 weeks kite break, because of my hand/wrist. It’s swollen and I can’t use it, and I’ve pushed it to hard since the first competition day in Dahme. I’ll use the time to fly back home to Norway (if the volcano lets me!!) and see my family and friends again! I can’t wait, since it’s almost 1 year ago!!!



Saturday evening and party gathering at the toilet.. It was
too cold to sit outside!



Aloha and poowpow to the elbow


Sunday and good wind, here Mario Rodwald
with e high kite loop

No comments:

Post a Comment