Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Norway: Family, fishing and slacklining (and one day kiting)

On the 21st of July we took the ferry from Hirtshals in Danmark to Kristiansand in Norway. The Fjordline (fjordline.no) has very cheap tickets, and uses less than 3 hours to get to Norway! On the way from Kristiansand to Sogndalsstrand (my dads’ birthplace), you’ll discover the most amazing nature along crazy roads.


Sogndalsstrand itself, 100km south of Stavanger, is a historic town preserved since the days of sail. It’s a beautiful and quite little place, which I’ve loved coming to ever since my childhood.

Ehm – but it’s not really much to do there, except fishing and hiking.







Though, already
40 minutes away, the beaches of Jæren are waiting for you, and a number of possibilities for kiting or surfing. We had one perfect day kiting and one day great surfing.
Stefan testing the Victory from TWO.ag





After one week of Sogndalsstrand, we drove to Oslo and continued up to Trondheim to my parents place and our cabin. I’ve had some perfect relaxing days back home with my family, together with Stefan, fishing, barbequing, celebrating birthdays and just having a great time.

That’s it for now, and tomorrow I’ll be heading to the coast for the last competition in the German championships. I’m really excited, hoping to do good again, though I haven’t been kiting a lot since the last competition. I know that a lot of my friends are coming to Fehmarn, which makes me sooo happy and certain that we’ll have a super weekend together, no matter how the result will be.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool stuff. Loved the pictures of Norway. I'm working on my wife, Karen's genealogy. Her maiden name was Walvatne taken by immigrants to the USA from Stord, Hordaland. Are Valvatnes in Norway all related or is it a more common name than we realized? Mange takk and good luck in your competition. Andrew in Duluth, MN.

    ReplyDelete