Sunday, April 1, 2012

Winter’s over, here comes the summer...

...but first 1 week snowkiting in Norway:)

Had a great winter, lot’s of work, but most important… a lot of snow!! Here are some nice pictures from my  season in Bad Gastein, Austria:




 Went for some nice backcountry hiking, eventhough I REALLY dislike walking up the hill...
Best Mountain Guide, Gustav. On the way to Hohe Scharter.




Also took part in the European Championships in Snowkiting. I couldn’t train beforehand, so I went with low expectations. I managed to achieve a 3rd place, which was ok. BUT! My first two heats was with less than 8 knots (my hair wasn’t even moving!!), I couldn’t even do a simple front, and was really embarrassed about my performance. The girls with bigger kites (me, 12m2), like flysurfer 15m2, naturally had better odds… Finally the wind came for my last heat, and I could show some nice loops, front and back rotations, raleys and so on. All in all I had a great weekend with good friends and great fun.
Photos Reschensee: Tobias Eble
...and this was how my knee looked like the day before the competition...
somehow painful

Enough for now, let the summer come – but first I’ll be spending one week in the mountains of Norway with my family hoping for some nice windy conditions.

Oh and here is the video from last summer. Took a while to edit, as I had no idea how to convert it into a smaller version… Didn’t quite figure it out, under which the quality had to suffer, but anyway, here we go:
Anne Goes Greek from Anne Valvatne on Vimeo.

And here’s the video from my week in Hurghada, Egypt - now know how to convert it, but had no nice camera for filming;)
Egyptian Progression from Anne Valvatne on Vimeo.


See you on the water!! Can't wait to get out there:)

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment