Monday, July 16, 2012

10 days Beetle Kitesurf World Cup, St.Peter Ording

After 10 days of competition with some sunshine but mostly pouring rain and really sooo much wind, it’s good to be back at the office. I ended up at the 7th place, which I’m really happy about.
I had some really strong competitors to face, e.g. the German Champion Sabrina Lutz, which I managed to beat after a pretty close heat. All in all I had a lot of fun, but mainly taking part in such an event is really nerve-wracking.

You get up at 7 am in the morning, walk around all day in your wetsuit, being cold and wet, waiting for your heats to start. At 6 pm you’re finally released, and if you still manage you can join the beach party where all your friends are for a couple hours before going to sleep in your car. And! there are no showers for the riders, so I had to use the ice cold public showers on the beach or sneak into the camping place next to.

But, enough complaining! The good thing about such an event is all the inspiring people you meet, the many nice chats and laughs, the atmosphere at the beach parties, the team spirit among most riders and the many people cheering for you when you win your heats.

Now I'll have some days with rest infront of me, putting my legs on the table doing nothing (at least one day...).

Here some nice pictures from the Event:




Big kiteloop, 30knots+ and 8m2

White water chaos
Always good to make friends with the securities!







My "home" for 10 days





See you on the water,

Anne










 

No comments:

Post a Comment